Saturday, August 23, 2014

Air Force acronyms!



My son, who is in the Air force recently came to visit.  Every time he comes it gets harder and harder to understand his language. You see he speaks in acronym-ese.  What, you may wonder is acronym-ese? 

The Air Force has thousands of acronyms for everything from rank to tank.  And a civilian doesn’t stand a chance!  I guess his training has made him think that the non-military world understands.  I constantly find myself scratching my head in confusion.  

Regular people don’t know what PDS means.  They stand agape at the term ABU.  BMT could mean anything.  And for god sakes what is an MTI?

If you need a list of common acronyms this site has some answers. 


If you need a detailed list of thousands try this one!



Or you can just  do what I do.  Stop him mid sentence and tell him to speak English!

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

My Father and husband were both in the air force so I know exactly what you are talking about!

Christine said...

oh my I didn't know there were so many acronyms, another language really.

GlorV1 said...

iswym....
I see what you mean. tee hee. We also have our own methods of conversing. hehehehe.

Magic Love Crow said...

I never knew anything about this? I would be totally confused! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails